How to Pray?
There is really no right or wrong way to pray. There’s many ways of praying. You don’t have to speak out loud, you can talk to him in your head too. He still hears you.
You don’t need to speak a certain way, or be super educated on things in order to be able to pray to God. The words you pray do not have to be impressive in speech in order for him to listen to your prayer.
What do you say during prayer?
Basically just talk to him. Thank him for everything and everyone you have in your life. Let him know that you appreciate how blessed you are. Even when your going through a rough time we should always be thanking him. When your going through tough times, talk it out with him. Pour out your heart to him. Ask for strength to get through it and he will help you.
Psalm 107:28-30 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven
God will help us through anything we may face if we call upon him in prayer.
Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
James 5:14-16 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another,that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
2 Samuel 22: 2-4 - The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in Him I will trust, My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My savior, You save me from violence. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.
2 Samuel 22:7 - In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God. He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry entered his ears.
Psalm 27:1 - The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 28: 6-7 - Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications! The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him and I am helped; Therefore my heart will greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise him.
Making your prayer super long and fancy in words doesn’t really matter…What really matters is coming from your heart no matter how long or short, or how well you speak. He can see your heart and know how you really feel and that is what matters.
Matthew 6:7 - And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.
There is no right or wrong way to pray to our God. If you feel something in your heart, speak to him. Whether it’s thanking him, or asking for help and guidance he will always hear you, and he is always there for us.
No one can ever tell you that your praying wrong, because only God can see your heart and know what your feeling. And that’s what matters!
- allinthehabit reblogged this from oursaviorloves
- chesaleo reblogged this from godismylight
- chesaleo likes this
- godismylight reblogged this from oursaviorloves
- godismylight likes this
- thecitylamp likes this
- newgenerrationhippies likes this
- gracelynsuis reblogged this from listentothesound316 and added:
- cri-des-coeur reblogged this from listentothesound316
- itsmejoyful reblogged this from listentothesound316
- chyanne-auh likes this
- dannr likes this
- listentothesound316 reblogged this from godismylight
- retired-captain-fabray likes this
- infinitrishaa likes this
- jordanelizabethmcgill likes this
- khryssi21 likes this
- delicateramblings reblogged this from oursaviorloves
- legitandrad reblogged this from oursaviorloves
- pricelessprincessnai reblogged this from forever-indeed and added:
- sophi-wofi reblogged this from forever-indeed
- aiemanlapig likes this
- archmarlon likes this
- feliciahannaa reblogged this from oursaviorloves
- godswarrior27 likes this
- moiftw likes this
- freedominitsown likes this
- crimsonbreakdown likes this
- lovedbythesavior reblogged this from oursaviorloves and added:
- karenascencio reblogged this from aroseandacross
- karenascencio likes this
- forever-indeed reblogged this from nemuishi
- kmeols reblogged this from oursaviorloves
- foranothertime likes this
- keep-calm-god-saves reblogged this from j-e-s-u-s-freak
- you-said-i-am likes this
- j-e-s-u-s-freak reblogged this from bethelight-indarkness
- imnotadentist likes this
- anorie likes this
- kelseylanelle likes this
- heymissallie reblogged this from godismylight
- till-the-sun-comes-upp likes this
- aroseandacross reblogged this from godismylight
- aroseandacross likes this
- my-saviour-loves-and-lives likes this
- kelsieelizabethowens reblogged this from oneofmanyambassadorsofchrist
- drowninginhismercy reblogged this from godismylight